Goal: Our goal with our cancellation policy is to strike the right balance between current students getting good value for their money, expeditiously “graduating” students from the intensive program to allow new students to get on the calendar, respect for Coach Nathaniel’s time, and our ability (as a small business) to manage the schedule in an efficient way. It is a difficult balance, and we thank you for your help as we try to achieve it!
Policies vary depending upon the program:
- Intensive program (Big Fish / Little Fish): The intensive program 3x or 4x a week is a commitment and we often operate on a waitlist during the warmer months. As long as you are enrolled in this program you will pay for each week regardless of whether or not you attend. At the end of the program, once you have “graduated,” we will give you an opportunity to makeup the number of lessons equivalent to the number of days you were enrolled in the intensive program at no cost (if you are coming 4x a week, you have up to 4 makeup lessons). Just shoot us a text, let us know how many makeups you have (we do not keep track), and what days you will be using them in the week following graduation.
- What about scheduled vacation during the intensive program? If you go on vacation while enrolled in an intensive program, you will pay for lessons the week you are gone. As mentioned above, you will have some makeup lessons to utilize, but if you miss more than a week of the intensive program there are no additional makeup lessons.
- What if my child is sick during the intensive program? As mentioned above, you will have some makeup lessons to utilize, but if you miss more than a week of the intensive program there are no additional makeup lessons allotted.
- Maintenance lessons: Once you have graduated from the intensive program (or possess equivalent skills that maintenance lessons are appropriate) and are coming 1x or 2x a week we have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you give us 24 hours’ notice or more that you will not be attending a lesson, we will skip your payment, or if you have already paid apply that payment to a future lesson. If you give us less than 24-hours’ notice, you have paid for the spot and there are no makeup lessons.
- Rain cancellation policy: We don’t want you to pay for a rain out! If Nathaniel cancels due to weather, you are entitled to a makeup lesson or a credit towards future lessons. I do not keep track of weather-related cancellations so if you need a makeup or a credit due to the weather please text us!